After a very long wait, Keyreative is finally at the stage where they’re starting to produce samples of the KAT Napoleonic kits. Color-matching was completed several months back, so the focus now is on overall cap shape / quality, dyesub accuracy, and kit content accuracy. These are the first samples I received post color-matching, and overall I feel like we’re progressing toward a good deliverable product.
- These samples consisted of one alpha kit and some assorted mods. It was enough to fill a 60%.
- The color quality is great, even on the reverse dyesub keys.
- The reverse dyesub keys seem to be a tiny bit shorter than their counterparts.
- This is a bit more noticeable for the 1u keys.
- The “walls” of the larger mod keys also seem to shrink a bit for reverse dyesub caps, making them just a tiny bit smaller than the alpha keys proportionally.
- There are a number of legend alignment issues that I’ve already been in conversation with Keyreative about.